Sign up for the Flamingo Run! 5K run, 5K walk and one mile memorial walk on Saturday, August 6th @ 8am. Register by July 15 to guarantee a T-shirt.
REGISTRATION FORMS – CLICK HERE
Staff and volunteers at Hospice of Guernsey, Inc. are planning to add some more fun to the Flamingo Run. In addition to the medals given to top finishers in each category, there will be some silly medals awarded as well. The “Best Dressed” medal(s) will be given to the wackiest, pinkest and most flamingo-like participant(s). There will be a few other silly awards, but organizers are keeping mum about what they are.
Participants should also plan for some family fun to take place while organizers are tabulating race results. There will be several games and activities to take part in.
The cost is $20 for adults, $15 for children 12 and under. Event day registration is $25. Registration forms are available at the Hospice of Guernsey office, United Way office and on Facebook.
Registration the day of the Flamingo Run will begin at 7am at Pavilion #1, corner of Edgeworth Ave. and North 8th St. New this year, race packets may be picked up early on Wednesday and Thursday, August 3rd and 4th from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Hospice of Guernsey office.
Hospice of Guernsey would like to thank Blue for Prosecutor for sponsoring the Flamingo Run finish line.
For information, call Jenna Conaway at 740-432-7440 or email email@example.com.
Paint a canvas full of fall colors with our Art Therapist, Lois Merrill on Tuesday, October 27th from 5:30 to 7 pm. Sip some apple cider as Lois instructs the class on painting a fall tree scene.
The Paint & Sip is free of charge and open to the public. All materials will be provided.
Class is limited to 20 participants, so register early! Call Lois Merrill at 740-432-7440 to register. The Hospice of Guernsey office is located at 9711 East Pike Road, Cambridge, OH 43725.
Just a quick note that the Hospice of Guernsey’s Flamingo Run 5K run and 1M walk cut-off is quickly approaching. Get your registration this week and save some money! All the details can be found over on the Flamingo Run event page.
We just updated our event calendar for June’s meetings and events. The list this month includes:
- June 4th – Stepping Stones Workshop
- June 16th – Lunch Bunch Support Group
- June 19th – Men’s Breakfast
- June 19th – Suicide Survivors Support Group
- June 19th – Support Group at Lori’s Caldwell
- June 23rd – 25th – Kids Kamp
- June 24th – Support Group at the Hospice Office
The following support groups will be meeting on Thursday, April 17th:
- Men’s Breakfast at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant at 9:30 AM.
- Suicide Survivor’s Support Group at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant at 6:00 PM
- Grief Support Group at Lori’s Restaurant at 6:30 PM
For more information on each event, follow the links to each event’s page.
The following support groups will be meeting on Monday, April 14th:
- The Lunch Bunch will meet at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant at Noon.
- Parents Who’ve Lost Children Support Group will meet at the Hospice of Guernsey Office at 3:30 PM.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Wanted to post a quick reminder that there will be two support group meetings on Monday, January 13th. The Lunch Bunch will meet at 12:00 P.M. at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant in Cambridge. Parents Who’ve Lost Children group, which is a new group this month, will meet at the Hospice of Guernsey Office at 3:30 PM.
Just a quick reminder of the Hospice of Guernsey events scheduled for next week:
- Monday, December 16th – The Lunch Bunch will be meeting at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant in Cambridge at Noon.
- Thursday, December 19th – The Men’s Breakfast Group will be meeting at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant in Cambridge at 9:30 AM.
- Thursday, December 19th – The Suicide Survivor’s Group will be meeting at Mr. Lee’s Restaurant in Cambridge at 6:00 PM.
- Thursday, December 19th – There will be a Support Group meeting at Lori’s Restaurant in Caldwell at 6:30 PM.