Physicians and staff know their patients best. You know when it’s the best time to discuss hospice care with your patients and their families. The earlier the discussion begins, the better the opportunity for open dialog.
Many times, patients are admitted to late to fully benefit from all the services Hospice of Guernsey, Inc. has to offer. Occasionally, delayed admissions are due to the fact that many patients and physicians believe hospice care is only provided during the last few days. The truth is, early enrollment is more beneficial.
- Improved symptom and pain control
- Grief/bereavement support
- Fewer hospital admissions
- Enhanced quality of life
- More time to spend with loved ones
- Medical equipment and supplies